Adaptive Insights, the frontier in cloud based budgeting and forecasting software has released new features and capabilities in their 2014.2 upgrade from late September this year.
The new release sheets are now available on the iPad and other commercial tablets. Presentations without having a projector are now possible. Chief financial officers, financial controllers and reporting managers can now easily review and approve plans on the go. It is just another feature of the cloud based application that makes the enterprise performance management reporting a lot easier for finance professionals.
Other standout features include:
- A new look and feel that’s optimized to display more data, no matter the size of the sheets.
- The formula bar can be collapsed to maximize screen space. When you save the sheet, the collapsed or expanded state is also saved for that session.
- When entering values in a rollup period, the value automatically spreads in equal amounts to the periods that belong to the rollup.
- Quick calculation of selected cells (average, count, count nums, max, min, sum) and numbered rows make them look and feel even more ergonomic…just like Excel!
- To edit a parent level directly, instead of selecting the Edit Level button, choose the level identified by ‘Only’ in the level selector. For example, if you wanted to input summary data at the Domestic level rather than Northwest and Southwest, choose Domestic (Only) from the drop-down and enter your numbers.
As a side note, administrative functions cannot be performed on a tablet. Ultimately, GK Horizons is very excited about the new release featutres and capabilities. If you had any questions about the new release, or how GK Horizons can help benefit your organisation, please do not hesitate to contact us.