We are excited to share with you the latest technology update in Adaptive Insights, Elastic Hypercube Technology (“EHT”).
This release is highly anticipated, having been pending for the last few months. We have been looking forward to seeing what this means for our clients and the efficiency of their budgeting and forecasting processes.
In the past month (April 2019), Adaptive has been rolling out EHT to various clients in Australia and New Zealand. This new functionality improves the intelligence and scalability of calculations. Larger models and complex hierarchies are processed more efficiently leading to a vast improvement in user experience.
- Built in Intelligence – The updates relating to EHT have resulted in optimised calculation processing. The calculations understand formula dependencies and only recalculate the figures that are required to drive that result rather than recalculating all items.
- Scalability – Adaptive has introduced parallel computation and distributed architecture across multiple servers which has allowed for faster computation of calculations, in conjunction with the ability to add memory and computing power when required.
- Some of the specific new features:
- Cube Sheets have increased in memory from 1GB to 5GB
- Support for 1 million member dimensions
- Modelled Sheets now support 1 million rows of data
- Improved formula computation speed
We encourage you to reach out to your GK Horizons contact for more information, or if you have suggestions, don’t forget to use the Product Feedback page in your instance.
We hope that you are as excited as we are about these new updates and look forward to working closely with you to drill in further about what this means for you and your business. If you would like more information please contact us.